Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) of Atish Dipankar University of Science and Technology (ADUST). It is my pleasure to serve as the Advisor with a team of academic and supporting staffs. Department of EEE is one of the major departments of ADUST under Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) and currently offers – Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc. in EEE) and Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (B.Sc. in ETE) programs with variants of regular programs offered for students admitting with H.S.C. educational background and evening programs specially offered for diploma engineering degree holders of similar engineering fields.
The department offers these engineering programs with applied orientation and is committed in education to nurture a new generation of professionals. The department produces a good number of graduates, who are working in reputed companies and organizations and contributing to the economic growth and prosperity of Bangladesh. Some of the graduates pursue their higher studies at local and overseas universities. Our graduates receive a wide variety of opportunities to explore themselves in the different fields of Engineering.
The Department of EEE is enriched with knowledgeable and experienced faculty members, who earned their higher degrees from home and abroad for maintaining the good quality of education and research. It also has well-equipped laboratories for the students to demonstrate their theoretical knowledge. Our Students are supervised to conduct their research works in the laboratories under the proper guidance of faculty members. In addition to equip our students with professional and practical knowledge, we grow up students through the educational training with strong communication skills, problem-solving skills and teamwork skills. The Department of EEE also provides the opportunity that students can engage themselves at various co-curricular activities through many student clubs formed by the faculty members.
It is my pleasure to announce that the Department of EEE would offer the students a comfortable and friendly environment to acquire engineering knowledge for enhancement of bright future through its various degree programs. I would like to invite you for choosing your engineering programs from our department. I believe, together, we can contribute to the advancement of science and technology for the
society and the Nation.
Dr. Md. Abdullah Al Mamun
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Sincere Greetings and a warm welcome for visiting the web page of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) of Atish Dipankar University of Science & Technology ADUST).
Currently the largest department of ADUST, Department of EEE is offering acclaimed higher educational platform for all of its students, by offering Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc. in EEE) and Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (B.Sc. in ETE), 4 year undergraduate programs, promoting excellence and passion in engineering education through its immensely large number of graduates and enrolled students. The department is in function under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) of ADUST and is continuously thriving to impart engineering education by upholding the motto of Center of Excellence, observed by the university.
By browsing around the multiple information sections in this department’s webpage, you can learn that the programs offered by us, are internationally recognized. The programs are accredited by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh and approved by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. You will be able to learn further about the talented and dynamic faculties who are the true backbone of its academic excellence and our associated staffs. Such details are provided with profiles of faculty members which enlist the vast range of research works being carried out by the department. Full-fledged laboratory facilities are providing the practical learning credentials for the students. In conjunction with the iLAB initiative of A2i, an internationally acclaimed project of Bangladesh Government, the Department of EEE has stepped forward to establish the Innovation Lab of ADUST which encourages young researchers of this department to devise their enlightened scientific mind, being a student. Prototypes emerging from the Department of EEE have always received major distinctions and awards in national and international level competitions as well which can also be found in the associated webpages. List of affiliated publications from the faculty members, including the students are also provided in the publication section.
The department is constantly upgrading its academics to associate its branches of earning knowledge by reviewing the curriculum of all its programs and encouraging innovation through research in multiple fields of interest and disciplines under the scope of electrical and electronic engineering as well as electronic and telecommunication engineering which you will learn in details by visiting the pages of academics including the details of admission requirements, credit hours, syllabus and courses.
ADUST is well known, not just for its excellence in academia and innovation through research but also for its many success in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. A good number of clubs, moderated by the faculty members and lead by the students are stances of skill development platforms for future challenges. Academic clubs are also operating to benefit the knowledge sharing among students and enabling them more with soft skills as well which are also given in the associated webpage sections.
ADUST is located at the center of the city of Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. Uttara, the area where the university is situated is a part of the most developed and beautiful Dhaka North City Corporation with ease of access to all necessary amenities for the city dwellers. One of the biggest stations of the upcoming Dhaka MRT is in walking distance from the university while other forms of public transportation connecting the important residential and commercial hubs, are also very closely located. The university has shuttle transportation facilities for all of its students as well.
As one of the oldest private university of the country, we are continuing with innovation and excellence in teaching techniques, researches and amenities to the community and to the nation. Graduates of this department are working and holding key positions of well recognized and renown companies in public and private sectors at home and at abroad. In addition, our researcher’s works have acquired great success in national, international journals and conferences and a good number of alumnus of Department of EEE are continuing their higher education in decorated international Masters and Ph.D. degree programs with scholarly achievements.
ADUST is promoting higher education for all aspiring individuals regardless of respective financial stature in the society. In order to bolster its motto of inclusion, merit and need based scholarships and financial supports with necessary tuition fee waivers are disbursed among all current and prospective students. A Green campus that not only takes care about the educational progress and excellence but also regards the growth of ethical understanding for a better future for the nation and the globe, I, as the coordinator of this department, extend my gratitude and thanks for taking your time to explore about us as a whole and look forward to associate myself as well as the bright minds of the Department of EEE, to enhance your abilities and help you to shape your future.
Look around and find out even further details about us.
Assistant Professor and Coordinator
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
There are a lot of success stories brought to light by the meritorious students of the department of EEE under the immense guidance of a team of talented and dedicated faculty members. Of which, the key points are expressed as –
● More than 2000 graduates
● University Gold Medal Award for Ms. Alea Afrin, Alumni and Current Faculty Member of Department of EEE
● Manoj Kumar Halder, Former Faculty Member of Department of EEE, is an Alumni of this department as well, is now an entrepreneur as the Managing Director of Electrical Design Lab
● Shafayet Hossain, Lecturer in the department of EEE, is an Alumni of this department too.
● In every year, remarkable students of the department of EEE gain the Vice Chancellor Award and Dean’s Awards.
● Success in participation in National ICT Expo at BICC, 2017 with projects.
● Success in participation in Digital Bangladesh, 2017
● 2nd Runners’ Up in Robo Carnival, BUET, 2017
● Connected and Active participation in activities of Access 2 Information (A2i) initiative from Office of the Honorable Prime Minister, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
● Innovative works going on under Faculty Research Group and programs of Innovation HUB (iLAB), a nation wide connected program under A2i.
The Department of EEE has designed its engineering degree programs with the vision of enriching the practical knowledge of graduates to enable them to be highly capable in hands on engineering expertise. In order to ensure that, the Department of EEE has the following, well established laboratory facilities which along with curriculum based studies also offers excellent prospect of research works –
● Physics and Electrical Circuits Laboratory (PECL)
● Analog and Digital Electronics Laboratory (ADEL)
● Communications and Optical Fiber Laboratory (COFL)
● Electrical Machines Laboratory (EML)
● Simulation and Computation Laboratory (SCL)
● Processing and Integration Laboratory (PCL)
● Energy Systems and Switchgear Laboratory (ESSL)
The purpose of Debate Club is to make a better debate team; which can increase the pride of our university. This club also give a chance to those students to show their talent who are good at debating.
The purpose of Cultural Club is organizing events that involve both traditional and non-traditional cultural activities. To promote cultural awareness by improving social relations. Culture Club likes to bring together the diverse Cultural functions at Atish Dipankar University of Science & Technology by Co-Sponsoring various activities.
The purpose of Sports Club is to promote health, physical wellbeing and the acquisition of physical skill development. Sport Clubs designed to serve individual interests in different competitive sports and recreational activities. These interests can be competitive, recreational or instructional in nature. Club may represent the university in inter university competition.
The purpose of Science Club is to promote interest, understanding, and knowledge of the scientific world throughout the students of our university. The purpose of this science club is also to introduce the members to a variety of scientific disciplines and to develop skills in fieldwork, research and project presentation.
Electrical & Electronics Club:
Electrical and Electronics Club (EEC) is established with the motto “Excellence through Innovation”. This club will be the unique platform for students of EEE, ADUST to nourish their talents in the space of engineering to activate their inner innovators. The club will be the guide, host and initiator of various events as seminars, workshops, study-tours, competitions, exhibitions etc.
The EEC is a non-profit, students’ oriented organization of which the primary objective is to introduce the students with seamless understanding of electrical and electronics education among and prove them as a strong competitor in the field of electrical and electronics engineering sector around the world. To reach the primary goal, the club wishes to walk through the following steps –
● Enhancement of basic knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering fields for all the students of EEE, ADUST.
● Specialized parallel course program to master practical works to raise interest and depth of knowledge for the students.
● To elevate the connection with other universities in participating and hosting different competitive and knowledge sharing sessions.
● Amplifying the ethical grounds for the students to take part with dedication in serving the society and the nation.
● Practical training for betterment of student’s practical experience and practical knowledge.
● Community building among students to share ideas, knowledge, interests and experience.
● Developing a focus of awareness on the electrical and electronics field.
● Developing and prototyping different projects of basic and advanced levels to help students to be at utmost shape of confidence to innovate.
● Sessions on different topics like embedded system, PCB design, programming etc. by involving experts of national and international level.
1. Md. Niaz Mostakim, Shuaib Mahmud, Md. Khalid Hossain Jewel, Md. Khalilur Rahman and Md. Shahjahan Ali, “Design and Development of an Intelligent Home with Automated Environmental Control”. I.J. Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, August 2020
2. Niaz Mostakim, Shuaib Mahmud, Khalid Hossain Jewel, “A Simulation Based Study of a Greenhouse System with Intelligent Fuzzy Logic”, International Journal of Fuzzy Logic Systems (IJFLS), ISSN: 1839 – 6283, PP: 19-37, Vol.10, No.1, January 2020.
1. Jahid Hasan, Tanmoy Karmakar, Mazid Ishtique Ahmed. “Mathematical Modeling and Simulation based System Identification of Non-Minimum Phase Electro-Hydraulic Servo (EHS) System”. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Gujarat, India. May 2019.
2. Niaz Mostakim, Ratna R Sarkar, Md. Anowar Hossain, “Smart Locker: IOT based Intelligent Locker with Password Protection and Face Detection Approach”. International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies(IJWMT), ISSN: 2076-1449 (Print), ISSN: 2076-9539 (Online), IJWMT Vol.9, No.3, May. 2019
3. M.N. Mostakim, M. A. Hossain, N.M Towhid, “ Design and Implementation of Intelligent control system for domestic appliance with enhanced IOT features coupled with energy efficiency” American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER). e-ISSN: 2320-0847 p-ISSN: 2320-0936 Volume-7, Issue-11, pp-18-26
1. Dewan Mohammed Abdul Ahad, Dewan Mohammed Rashid, Md. Sajid Hossain. Low Cost Obstacle Avoidance Robot with Logic Gates and Gate Delay Calculations. Automation, Control and Intelligent
Systems.ISSN:2328-5583(Print); ISSN:2328-5591(Online). Vol. 6. No. 1, 2018, pp. 1-7
2. Md. Sajid Hossain, Dewan Mohammed Abdul Ahad. Performance Analysis of Modulation Response of a Designed 1550 nm Oxide Confined Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser. AIUB Journal of Science And Engineering (AJSE). ISSN: 1608-3679(Print), 2520-4890(Online). Vol. 17. Issue.03, 30 Nov 2018, pp. 101-106.
1. Shahruk Osman, Ariful Islam. “Design and implementation of a Variable Control Protection Circuit for DC Low Voltage Application”. International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering & Technology (IJLRET) (Vol. 03, Issue 04), April 2017).
2. Akila Khatun, Mehnaz Tarannum, Tamanna Shaown, Tashida Yeasmin. “Design and Development of Enhanced Control Systems for Neonatal Baby Incubator”, International Journal of Science and Advance Technology ( ISSN 2221-8386) , Volume 7 No 1 , January 2017.
1. Shahruk Osman, Tapan Kumar Chakraborty, Ariful Islam, Nazibur Rahman. A Simple Gate-Pulse Generating Circuit for Single-Phase Line-Commutated Thyristor Converter, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. (Vol. 4, No. 5), October 2016.
2. Dewan Mohammed Abdul Ahad, Mohammed Mynuddin, Dewan Mohammed Rashid. Analyzing Behavior of Differential Drive Mobile Robot by using Statistical Tools. Journal of Electrical Engineering and Electronic Technology. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9833.1000130. Vol. 5, Issue 3, July 11, 2016, pp. 1-4).
3. Tashida Yeasmin , Mehnaz Tarannum, Tamanna Shaown,Akila Khatun. “Development of an algorithm for biometric system using finger vein with liveness detection”,Conference Paper List International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 7, Issue 3, March-2016, ISSN 2229-5518.
1. Shahruk Osman, Tapan Kumar Chakraborty, Ariful Islam, Nazibur Rahman. “Design and Implementation of Remote Controlled Fan Regulator”. ISSN (Print) : 2320 – 3765, ISSN (Online): 2278 – 8875, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. (Volume: 3, Issue: 9), September 2014.
2. Mazid Ishtique Ahmed, Muktadir Rahman, Sabiha Sattar. “A Simulation Study Of Wimax Based Communication System Using Deliberately Clipped OFDM Signal”. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Sun Punlications, Bangalor, India, March 2014.
1. Rebeka Tanij Tania, Ajmery Sultana, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun,” Reactive CDS Based Enhancement of Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol to Alleviate ‘Broadcast Storm’ Problem”. Journal of Bangladesh Electronics Society, Vol. 10, No.1-2, pages- 49-56, June-December, 2010.
1. Muzahidul Islam, Ajmery Sultana, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun,“Performance analysis of vertical handover across wireless network based on media independent handover, IEEE802.21 standard”. Journal of Bangladesh Electronics Society, Vol. 9, No.1-2, pages-141-150, June-December, 2009.
1. Shafayet Hossain, Mazid Ishtique Ahmed, Md. Niaz Mostakim. “ A Prototype of Automated Vault Locker
Solution for Industrial Application”. Proceedings of IEEE ICASERT, 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh, IEEE X-plore Digital Library, March 2020.
2. Tamanna Shaown, Imam Hasan, Md. Muradur Rahman, Dr. Md. Shohrab Hossain. “IoT-based Portable ECG Monitoring System for Smart Healthcare”. Proceedings of 1st ICASERT-2019, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
1. Tamanna Shaown, Imam Hasan, Md. Muradur Rahman. “Sensor based heart rate monitoring system as a sudden death predictor” accepted in Proceedings of 7th ICIEV-2018, Japan.
The Academic offers include 14 majors, 15 minors, and more than 100 in major specializations so your degree will surely reflect your interests and strengths.
Not only does ADUST provide you the practical skills that is necessary to transition seamlessly into the workforce upon your graduation, but we also make sure that you will have a good sense of social justice so that you make the transition responsibly.
The PLP in Drafting Legislation, Regulation, and Policy has been offered by the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies with considerable success since 2004.